Escape in StyleFebruary 2019 Style Advice
As the days get longer – and hopefully warmer – many of us are thinking about getting away for a few days. But it’s always a challenge deciding how to pack lightly and stylishly for a short break. We asked our designers to choose their favourites for two different getaways – a warm weather mini cruise and a city sight-seeing trip.
Maximum style for your mini cruise
“You don’t want to overpack, so the key thing is to choose clothes that you know will work with lots of outfits. Our tankini top is a great example. Of course, you can wear it for a swim or lazing by the pool, but it looks just as lovely worn with our Soft White Trousers for an elegant evening outfit.”Shop our choice
Our designer's quick packing tips for women's cruise wear and warm-weather breaks:
- Decide on a simple colour palette, so that you can mix and match everything in your case.
- Choose lightweight fabrics and breathable natural fibres to keep you cool in warmer weather.
- A lightweight cover-up helps you change your look from poolside to beach bar in seconds – and takes up hardly any room in your bag.
Smart choices for your sight-seeing city break
“City breaks can be especially tricky, as you often don’t know what the weather will do. I recommend taking versatile separates, such as a travel suit, to give yourself lots of options.”
Our designer's packing tips for seeing the sights:
- Go for crease-free styles, so you can wear your outfits travelling and straight from your bag.
- Choose clothes that can be layered, so you have flexibility in any weather.
- Matching skirts and tops can be combined to give you the look of dress for an evening out.